Sew grow clothes designed to grow with your children and last more than one season. Vêtements pour se transformer en. Ropa para crecer en. Oдежда для выращивания в. Kleidung hineinwachsen.

Happy new year to all out there - anyone up for testing tights?


Yes a very Happy 2015 everyone in blogland

 












































I have been missing, but working. The project took all my time and part 2 needs to start in Feb, so until then, I'm all guns blasting as they say.


I have 3 patterns to be tested, all of which are a little different. I am not sure how to get them out to test, I have done a little espionage (spying) and it seem lots of people get you to fill in forms. Not sure why? Not sure I like the officalise of it all. Last time, which was along time ago, I contacted the ladies on the nappy network and they did a sterling job. That network seems to have all but died. But I will put a note out to them.

Anyways, the first pattern is baby/girls tights (6 months to size 7). Given the hot weather in NZ, I doubt people here will fall over themselves to test that one. I use a method I call measuring your fabric to get the size of the pattern you need, to get the fit of tights as distinct from leggings or footed pants.

The second is a girls dress/ tunic 1-7 sizes. This tunic is an easy make, its style is 1920s. I have a thing about that period at the moment. The dress is made in 2 parts a dress or tunic out attached to a slip, which can be adjusted to lengthen or shorten the outside tunic. 

As always I take the whole pattern making thing one step further (probably to far) and there is a stencil/transfer on the dress, which you can add, to give it a truly unique look. 

It's a doddle to make, my test samples are hanging on the line as my dearest did not believe the ink would not run, or fade, so I threw them in with his washing his morning, to prove it. He was a bit perturbed till the cycle completed. Yea of little faith.

The third pattern is a pair of pants unisex, the pants legs a close fitting, and  have adjustable leg length and and elastic and ribbed waist, which can be extended as a child grows.

Anyways the tights are pretty much ready for testing, should anyone wish to test this pattern, just drop me a line, and tell me a bit about yourself. I have no idea of numbers, I kind of lie the idea of a free for all at this point. I guess I will need to make a a few guidelines. Ewgh...

Kind regards Liz